Monday, May 17, 2021 / by Jay Lesko
Find homes for sale in Lewes, Delaware
Lewes, DE Livability
- Lewes has a livability score of 66 out of 100, which is considered below average.
- Lewes crime rates are 44% below the Delaware average, making this a safe city for families and individuals.
- The cost of living in Lewes is 26% higher than the state average, meaning the prices of food, gas, restaurants, and basic necessities can be more costly than in other locations.
- The real estate prices in Lewes are 104% higher than the state average, with the homes for sale in Lewes, Delaware, being listed at higher prices than other cities in the state.
- The rental prices in Lewes are 14% higher than the average rent in Delaware.
Neighborhoods in Lewes, Delaware
- Henlopen Acres – Henlopen Acres is only 4.8 miles away and contains a population of 160 people. An elite and upscale neighborhood, the livability here is 85/100, which is an excellent score. However, the price of real estate and homes here is extremely high, which may be too far out of your price range.
- Long Neck – 10.5 miles away and containing 2,656 people, Long Neck earns a livability score of 81/100.
- West Cape May – West Cape May is 16 miles away from Lewes and contains nearly 1,000 residents. With a livability score of 81/100, this is a great option when searching for homes for sale in Lewes, Delaware.
- Erma – A little bit farther away, coming in at 20 miles distance from Lewes, Erma is still a smart choice when searching for homes for sale in Lewes, Delaware, due to the livability score of 77 out of 100.